Motor Underwriter – Commercial Lines – Paris based – InsurTech
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in an international environment? Are you fluent in English and French? Do you have a good knowledge of the French market (underwriting, broker, etc.)?
Interested? curious? please keep reading:
Our client, an InsurTech specialised in P&C, is looking to hire a billingual senior underwriter specialised in motor, commercial lines. Due to their rapid growth in Europe, they are looking for a French underwriter who have a good knowledge of the French market and who knows the specificities of the market (the actors, the connections with the brokers).
We are looking for someone who wants to do things differently in a market where traditional insurance are mainly present. This is not a classic company, it’s an ambitious, dynamic, energetic, challenging and fast pace InsurTech where you will see the impact of your job.
Your main mission will be to develop and grow their underwriting capabilities for their international business unit in France.
Your key responsibilities:
- Contribute to product development,
- Will be looking at complexes risks and find solutions,
- Negotiating and discussing risk with brokers,
- Be the referent of the France insurance products for the International business unit
- Make sure that the products are well-made by using your knowledge of the underwriting on the French market
- Be able to bring your own ideas and develop strategies that would help us to make grow the company,
The right candidate
- Masters degree required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in underwriting
- A good understanding and knowledge of the French insurance market
- Fluent in English and French
- Have experience in P&C underwriting (Motor/automotive/vehicles)
- Soft skills: Attention to details, energetic, passionate, keen to develop something from scratch, confident and proactive